El Querandi – Tangueria – Dinner and Tango ShowTango-Show Wednesday, May 5th, 2010
El Querandi – Tangueria – Dinner Tango Show
caption: Querandi Tangueria
Located since 1920 in the historic center of the city. This place was restored in 1992 and is famous for the Musuem of the City of Buenos Aires “Living testimony of the city memory” and “Place of tourist interest” by the National Tourism Ministry. With an intimate atmosphere, this place can accommodate 200 people on private tables and the romanticism is still engraved in its Solomonic columns, wood paneling and deep bas—relief in the wood.
International cooking a la carte. Three-dish menu, in a choice of more than 30 dishes, along with a choice wine list and a welcoming and professional staff.
Ballroom Morena Baja
It is an authentic Tango Gala, that comes with a look around the history of tango, in period style frames, from the origins of arrabala to the frenzy of modernism.
Thirteen artists are on the stage: Piano, violin, bandoneon, double bass quartet, three singers and three couples of dancers.
How long? 1 hour 15 min. 15´
The history of tango and of Buenos Aires, their characters and context from 1900 to nowadays.
The show is organized according to history periods: “Origins and First Period” (1900), “Immigrants and exiled people” (1920), “Golden Age” (1930), “Ballrooms and milongas” (1940), “Renewal and Modernism” (1960).
- On piano, Ado Falasca, Director of “Avellaneda Tango School”.
- On bandoneón, Víctor Lavallén, Ex Maestro Pugliese’s first bandoneon.
- On violin, Gerardo Pachilla, Now playing the violin in Teatro Colón, Buenos Aires Philharmonic Orchestra.
- On double bass, Daniel Falasca, Now playing the double bass in Teatro Colón, Buenos Aires Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Gabriel Mores, Mariano Mores’s grandson.
- Carlos Gari, first singer in Leopoldo Federico Orchestra.
- Isabel Mendoza, female voice.
Cena Show is 87 u$s.- (Dollars) per person.
Solo Show is 50 u$s.- Dollars) per person.
“15% with CREDENCIAL ARGENTINA EXCHANGE”
The places have to be booked previously by mail or phone call.
Short URL: http://argentinaexchange.com/blog/?p=993